At CREAN, we’re always looking for talented people to do work that they love at all levels. The scale and complexity of our work is unprecedented, and the work we do makes a real difference in making the future a reality. Current open contract and full-time opportunities are listed below:
The Microdevices & Sensor Systems Section operates under the Instrument Division. It is responsible for the development and delivery of sensors, instruments, instrument electronics, and flight software technologies needed by a government agency to enable new terrestrial and planetary in situ and remote science experiments and observations. The Section provides research and technology for science instruments as well as flight instrument engineering.
Within this Section, the Planetary Mass Spectrometer Group seeks a self-motivated individual who can work well independently and in a team environment. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to contribute in both ground-based and space-based research for general mass spectroscopy in combination with geochemistry, isotope geochemistry, chromatography, cosmochemistry, absorption/emission spectroscopy, and astrobiology as an in-situ Mass Spectrometer Technologist level 2 in the following ways:
- To work on technology development tasks such as the Spacecraft Atmosphere Monitor (S.A.M) instrument, which is used on board the International Space Station.
- Be responsible for performing calibration and instrument development within the areas of mass spectroscopy, gas chromatography, with a strong focus on operation and data analyses.
- To be the lead on new technology infusions for novel instrumentation applied to future planetary and human exploration.
- Such as instruments to the Lunar surface or atmosphere of Venus.
- Writes and contributed to proposals to obtain funding for future technology developments.
- To create and fulfill opportunities to design, develop, document, implement, and verify new technologies for mass spectrometer instruments from the breadboard throughout the flight implementation phase.
- To identify new scientific questions and issues, apply theoretical principles, and use creative analytical, experimental techniques, and scientific methods to develop new technology and instrument opportunities.
- To establish and verify models of instrument properties in support of design, calibration, and performance verification.
- Works independently on high visibility assignments and projects with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate various methods, approaches, resources and decide which will best accomplish each aspect of such assignments with the agreement of the project management.
- To publish technology and science results at conferences and peer-reviewed periodicals.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Strong interest working from conception through flight delivery, for mass spectroscopy, chromatography, fields and charged particles projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in atomic and molecular physics, analytical chemistry or related technical disciplines with 5 years of related experience; or Master’s degree in similar disciplines with 3 years of related experience; or PhD in related fields.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstration of instrument building skills in one or more of the following areas: charged particle optics, mass spectroscopy, atomic and molecular physics, gas and/or liquid chromatography, absorption/emission spectroscopy, or microfabrication techniques.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts, and techniques into instrument design principles.
- Requires experience with hands-on and understanding of all mass spectrometer instrument related subsystems, e.x., vacuum systems and their components, RF and high voltage electronics circuits, control software, and data extraction.
- Demonstrated how to design, fabricate, build, test, calibrate, and evaluate fully operational mass spectrometer systems.
- Knowledge on how to derive science requirements and their implementation and verification.
To apply, click here.
Junior role with several responsibilities to assist in R&D team with custom IoT/Edge Computing solutions.
R&D team is distributed and the job opportunity is at company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Quality Assurance Testing
- Conduct software and hardware testing with smart factory systems to validate proper operation.
- Identify document and track issues following a test plan. Document issues which includes written descriptions, steps to reproduce, error output and screen capture as needed.
- Testing scope includes repetitive unit testing and thorough end-to-end regression testing as needed.
- Work with developers to improve and correct software processes.
- Maintain and configure MS Windows and Linux servers and workstations
- Perform software installations and configurations per instructions
- Adept with learning software tools / utilities
- Basic work organizing and connecting test environment workstations, servers, mobile devices, cabling, IoT devices, switches, routers as needed (instruction provided).
- Address beginner level customer technical issues and questions
- Document and relay next-level issues as needed to the R&D team
On-Site Customer Implementations
- Perform installations and provisioning of software and hardware solutions
- Experience testing software systems and documenting issues
- Experience administering Windows and/or Linux, installing and configuring applications
- Basic Networking knowledge and configuration
- Basic knowledge of Cloud systems (Azure/AWS/Google Cloud) a plus
Strong computer competence, analytical, problem solving, organizational and written communication skills
- MS Windows and/or Linux shell commands
- Raspberry PI or Arduino basic knowledge
- SQL and basic database administration
- Introductory software development, scripting or working with software development teams and tools a plus
- MS Office familiarity including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
To apply, click here.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in systems engineering is required. Experience with space systems.
- The work requires a Top Secret clearance via an SSBI.
- The need is immediate and forecasted to last 1-2 years. Multiple positions available.
To apply, click here.
- Test Technicians and/or Test Engineers capable of tuning and testing millimeter wave hardware at frequencies above 45 GHz. This is old MIC style, chip, and wire hardware.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this type of aerospace hardware, lab/clean room environment and procedures is required.
- **The work requires a Top Secret clearance via an SSBI** This part of the requirement is unfortunately non-negotiable.
- The need is immediate and forecasted to last 1-2 years and there are multiple positions available.
For more than nineteen years, CREAN has delivered superior performance to the U.S. government as well as leading corporations throughout the world. We provide technology and engineering solutions, specializing in Aerospace Technical Expertise, Production Operations & Logistics Optimization, Program, Project, & Supply Chain Management, Mission Assurance, and Business Development. As a preferred contractor in the aerospace and defense industries as well as within manufacturing, we know the critical role our services play in the protection and defense of freedoms worldwide and lend themselves to improving processes. We take our responsibility very seriously, and we are privileged to support our customers and the men and women who get the job done.
CREAN’s depth of talent and capabilities set us apart from our competition. These discriminators enable us to respond quickly and decisively to our customers’ challenges, while utilizing company-wide resources and expertise to meet their needs. Every day, our associates contribute innovative ideas and expertise to expand CREAN’s value within the Space, launch, missile, and aviation sectors as well as optimizing manufacturing businesses. Our associates are our most valuable resource—the embodiment of how we deliver unparalleled service to our customers.
Diversity & Inclusion is an opportunity and an appreciation of the rich dimensions of differences within our workforce that fuel group dynamics, and it fosters an environment where all individuals and teams are welcome to participate and perform to their full potential. We strive to attract, retain and engage talented and diverse professionals to ensure a competitive edge in the global marketplace and deliver innovative solutions and services to CREAN customers.
CREAN provides competitive compensation and benefit packages with choices designed to meet our associates’ unique career and lifestyle needs. Benefits include healthcare coverage, life insurance and disability programs.
CREAN participates in the E-Verify program.